Founded in 1979, the ASMCF offers an unrivalled interdisciplinary forum for those involved in teaching and research on all aspects of France since 1979. The Association's world wide membership brings together scholars, researchers and graduate students in disciplines ranging from history and the social sciences to philosophy, education, language, literature, media and the arts.
Why join ASMCF?
- A quarterly journal Modern & Contemporary France containing research articles, items of topical interest, book reviews, a list of recent publications and an index of periodical articles.
- Access to the on-line version of the journal via the members’ area of the Association’s website (www.asmcf.org)
- Access to the MCF Quarterly Periodicals Index via the members’ area of the Association’s website (www.asmcf.org)
- Reduced rates for attendance at the annual ASMCF conference and other events.
- Eligibility for Association funding for approved activities, postgraduate prizes and awards.
Membership dues are currently £46/US$82/€71 per year. Individual membership includes a year's subscription to the journal Modern & Contemporary France, entitlement to reduced conference rates, voting rights at Association meetings and eligibility for Association funding in support of approved activities.
Postgraduates are invited to join the ASMCF for the reduced membership rate of £10.00/$19 on proof of status (normally a letter from your supervisor/department). Postgraduate membership comprises of year's subscription to the journal Modern & Contemporary France, which has a section devoted to postgraduate interests.
Postgraduate members are also entitled to reduced rates for attendance at the annual ASMCF conference and other events. Help with travel costs is available to full-time postgraduates attending the annual conference. Postgraduate participation is actively welcomed at the conferences, with postgraduate researchers encouraged to present papers.
Finally, ASMCF membership offers eligibility for Association funding for those organising regional events or other approved activities. Specific funds are earmarked for the support of postgraduate events, and the Peter Morris Memorial Postgraduate Prize is awarded annually to a postgraduate research student to assist with travel to undertake research in France.
See our postgraduate section for more about ASMCF and postgraduates.
A reduced rate of £10/$19/€16 per annum is available for the unwaged or retired. Members subscribing at this rate do not receive the journal, but are entitled to all other benefits.
To join the ASMCF as an individual member or a postgraduate please complete our membership form. For information on unwaged membership and for all other membership enquiries please get in touch using the form on our contact page.