Postgraduate Job Announcement: Conference Support Officers
The ASMCF is looking for two Conference Support Officers to work closely with our Conference Officer. The posts are open to Postgraduate students working in any area of French and Francophone Studies, and will be hourly paid over 13 months.
Application deadline: Monday 18 July 2022
Start date: 1 September 2022
The conference support officers will need to attend the ASMCF annual conference on 8-9 September 2022 (online).
The hourly rate is £12/hour, and we expect each support officer to work 110 hours in total over the year (paid as £100 per month over the year). It is expected that some months will be busier than others.
Main duties of the posts:
A key responsibility of this role is to support the organisation and delivery of our annual conference in September 2023 taking place both online and in-person.
You will need to have some experience in event organisation.
Although you will be able to work remotely most of the year, the work will require you to stay in London just before and during the conference.
Key elements of conference organisation:
- Propose a conference theme for the 2023 ASMCF Annual Conference and draft the call for papers during Summer 2022
- Publicise the call for papers
- Manage the ASMCF account for the conference
- Manage the proposals
- Find sponsors
- Organise the panels
- Organise the online sessions
- Manage the online registration process, including attendee communications and financial processing
- Update event web listings and assist with promoting events
- Produce any materials required for attendees
- Be responsible for organising and managing the evening social events at the conference
- Attend the conference when required to ensure its smooth running
- Provide technical support for online events
For enquiries about the posts and to submit an application, please email: email@example.com